1. Plan out each day in advance
Knowing what you want to accomplish in a day can be pivotal for productivity. Write down your goals for the day as soon as you get to work.
2. Break down tasks.
Large tasks can be daunting. Break them down into smaller, more manageable ones.
3. Work on what will have the biggest impact.
Prioritize your tasks and stick to the list.
4. Know when to say no.
If it’s not essential and you know you already have a lot to get through, don’t be afraid to say no.
5. Delegate your to-do list when applicable.
It’s important to make use of other people and their talents.
6. Take breaks when necessary.
Stress can severely hinder attempts at organization. Take a break when you need to.
7. Stop multitasking.
Multitasking kills your focus. Do your best to finish one task before starting another.
8. Limit potential distractions.
Close the door if you can or wear headphones so others know you’re busy.
9. Group meetings and communication in blocks.
Schedule phone, email or in-person communication during the same part of the day. This will prevent necessary communication from splitting up your work day.